Pondicherry LDC Exam 2012 solved question paper
1) The material used for electrical fuse wire should have
(A) high resistivity
(B) low resistivity
(C) low melting point
(D) high melting point
2) Siladitya was the title of
3) The state/union territory of India which has larger female population than male population as per 2011 Census is
(A) West Bengal
4) Rama was facing East. He walked 4 km forward, then turned to his right and walked 3 km. Again he turned to his right and walked 4 km. Then he turned back. Which direction Rama is facing now?
5) Whose birthday has been celebrated as National Mathematics Day in India
(A) Srinivasa Ramanujam
(B) C.V. Raman
(C) Amartya Sen
(D) H.C. Bose
6) The Theosophical Society was first established in
(A) New York
7) The largest gland in the human body is
(A) Adrenal gland
(B) Pituitary gland
(D) Thyroid gland
8) Which Article of the Indian Constitution was called by Dr. B. R. Ambedkar ao tho ‘Heart and Soul of the Constitution’?
9) Which Article of Indian Constitution deals with the procedure for Amendment of Indian Constitution?
10) An air bubble in water acts like a
(A) Convex mirror
(B) Convex lens
(C) Concave mirror
(D) Concave lens
11) How many letters of the English alphabet (Capitals) appear same when looked at in a mirror?
12) In the context of the Indian defence, what is Dhruv?
(A) Aircraft-carrying ship
(B) Missile-carrying submarine
(C) Advanced light Helicopter
(D) Intercontinental ballistic missile
13) While lifting a bucket of water from a well, we feel that the bucket
(A) Becomes lighter above the surface of water
(B) Becomes heavier above the surface of water
(C) Loses density on coming out of the water
(D) Has gained mass on coming out of the water
14) The flying of birds is a proof of Newton’s
(A) First Law
(B) Second Law
(C) Third Law
(D) Both Second and Third laws
15) In a doctor’s stethoscope, the sound is intensified because of
(A) Resonance of sound
(B) Constructive interference
(C) Principle of superposition of waves
(D) Reflection of sound
16) When the earth reaches its perihelion,
(A) It is nearest to the moon
(B) It is nearest to the sun
(C) It is farthest from the moon
(D) It is farthest from the sun
17) Which state has the largest- areas under tank irrigation?
(A) Tamil Nadu
(C) West Bengal
18) Which one of the following rivers does not originate in India?
19) In India how many states share the coast line?
20) It ——not look like a great deal today, but back then it was a coup: no man before —– to import tea directly into Europe.
The option that will best fill in the blanks in the above sentences would be :
(A) may, has dared
(B) may, had dared
(C) might, has dared
(D) might, have dared
21) Who was appointed as the Chief Economic Advisor in the Ministry of Finance?
(A) C. Rangarajan
(B) Raghuram Rajan
(C) Mukul Roy
(D) Ajay Maken
22) Which sports person has announced that he will not contest against US Antidoping Agency charges of doping?
(A) Carl Lewis
(B) Lance Armstrong
(C) George Hincapie
(D) Bradley Wiggins
23) Name the captain of India’s Under-19 team under whose captaincy India won the U-19 Cricket World Cup 2012
(A) Prashant Chopra
(B) Akshdeep Nath
(C) Virat Kohli
(D) Unmukt Chand
24) Who was assigned the task of partitioning India in 1947?
(A) Allen Octayian Hume
(B) Lord Lytton
(C) Sir Cyril Radcliffe
(D) Lord Mountbatten
25) Inflation occurs when aggregate supply is
(A) more than aggregate demand
(B) less than aggregate demand
(C) equal to aggregate demand
(D) none of the above