51) Glasswool is a
(A) mixture of glass and wool
(B) transparent wool
(C) finely powdered glass
(D) fine threads of glass
52) Buddha delivered his first sermon at
53) Pakistan and Afghanisthan are connected by
(A) Bolan pass
(B) Khyber pass
(C) Rohtang pass
(D) Afghan pass
54) The acid produced in the digestive system of human beings is
(A) Acetic acid
(B) Hydrochloric acid
(C) Formic acid
(D) Citric acid
55) L.P.G. contains
56) The tubes used for dialysis and blood transfusion are made of
(C) Polyvinyl chloride
57) The Director General of World Trade Organization is
(A) Pascal Lamy
(C) Anthony Lake
(D) Rose Migiro
58) The colour of tomatoes is due to the presence of
(D) Calcium oxalate
59) The Viceroy who set up the Department of Archaeology was
(B) Lord Rippon
(C) Lord Canning
(D) Lord Curzon
60) The theme of “Partnership for Global Stability,Security and Prosperity” was that of
(A) BRICS Summit
(B) SAARC Summit
(C) G-20 Summit
(D) NATO Summit
61) Who said, ‘A good citizen makes a Good State and a bad citizen makes a Bad State’?
62) Setting up of which one of the following is not stated in the Constitution of India?
(A) Planning Commission
(B) Finance Commission
(C) Election Commission
(D) Union Public Service Commission
63) Who was chosen for the first Bhagwan Mahavir World Peace Award, for her devotion to promote non-violence and peace for the welfare of the people?
(A) Hillary Clinton
(B) Aung San Suu Kyi
(C) Angela Merkel
(D) Princess Diana
64) The function of Graphite and Heavy Water used as moderators in a nuclear reactor is to,
(A) Absorb neutrons
(B) Cool the reactor
(C) Slow down protons
(D) Slow down neutrons
65) Who wrote ‘My Indian Years’?
(A) Lord Hardinge
(B) Micheal O’Dwyer
(C) Lord Curzon
(D) Lord Wavell
66) Which country will host the 2014 FIFA World Cup?
(A) South Africa
67) Which of the following rates are not fixed by RBI?
(D) Repo Rate
68) Milk is an example of
69) The colour of cow’s milk is slightly yellowish due to the presence of
70) Which of the following rivers divide the Deccan Tableland from Northern India?
71) What is Obra?
(A) Copper project in Rajasthan
(B) Super thermal power project in Uttar Pradesh
(C) Atomic power plant at Kudankulam
(D) Hydroelectric project in Uttarkhand
72) Choose the odd one :
73) Which word is the opposite of the word ‘hypothesize’?
Directions: For Questions 74 and 75, choose the option that is CLOSEST in meaning to the capitalized words: