51. In the following rational numbers which one is the smallest?
52. The Administrator of a Union Territory is appointed under which provision of the constitution?
(A) Article 243
(B) Article 232
(C) Article 239
(D) Article 241
53. Match the regions of Puducherry U.T. with the year they initially came under French occupation and select the correct answer from the options given.
(i) Puducherry (a) 1723
(ii) Karaikal (b) 1725
(iii) Mahe (c) 1674
(iv) Yanam (d) 1739
(A) (i) – b (ii) – a (iii) – d (iv) – c
(B) (i) – c (ii) – d (iii) – b (iv) – a
(C) (i) – c (ii) – a (iii) – d (iv) – b
(D) (i) – a (ii) – b (iii) – c (iv) – d
54. Which of the following athelete has won the· largest number of Olympic medals so far?
(A) Michel Phelps
(B) Boris Shakhlein
(C) Takashi Ono
(D) Paavo Nurmi
55. Match the following words with their exact meaning and select the correct answer from the options given.
(i) Famous (a) Conveys the idea of being recognized by a large number of people but generally lacks the glamorous connotations
(ii) Celebrated (b) Suggests someone or something is well known about and admired by very large number of people
(iii) Well known (c) Suggest that some or something is much talked about and praised
(A) (i) – a, (ii) – b, (iii) – c
(B) (i) – c, (ii) – a, (iii) – b
(C) (i) – b, (ii) – c, (iii) – a
(D) (i) – c, (ii) – b, (iii) – .a
56. Find out the word which is an odd one out from the following
57. Which of the following is not true?
(A) Members of Legislative Councils have the right to vote in the Presidential Election
(B) President cannot promulgate ordinance when the parliament is in session
(C) The President can nominate 12 members to the Rajya Sabha and 2 members to the Lok Sabha
(D) The President can declare war and conclude peace with the approval of Parliament
58. Match the following Constitutional Amendments with the subject that deals with. Select the correct answer from the options given.
(i) 73rd Amendment (a) Right to Education
(ii) 86th Amendment (b) Cooperatives
(iii) 97th Amendment (c) Panchayat Raj
(A) (i) – c, (ii) – a, (iii) – b
(B) (i) – b, (ii) – c, (iii) – a
(C) (i) – a, (ii) – c, (iii) – b
(D) (i) – b, (ii) – a, (iii) – c
59. A new version of its online trading software called National Exchange of Automatic Trading (NEAT) has been launched by one of the following agencies. Identify the agency.
60. Match the following Authors with the book they have written and choose the correct answer from the options.
(i) Ramachandra Guha (a) The City of Joy
(ii) Nandan Nilekani (b) Nine Lives
(iii) Dominique Lapierre (c) Imagining India
(iv) William Dalrymple (d) India after Gandhi
(A) (i) – b, (ii) – c, (iii) – a, (iv) – d
(B) (i) -c, (ii) – a, (iii) – b, (iv) – d
(C) (i) – d, (ii) – c, (iii) – a, (iv) – b
(D) (i) – d, (ii) – c, (iii) – b, (iv) – a
61. Which of the following statements are correct about electromagnetic waves?
Choose from the options.
(i) They do not need a material medium for their propagation
(ii) They need a material medium to propagate
(iii) They are called elastic waves due to their propagation
(iv) They can travel through vacuum
(A) (i) and (ii) are correct
(B) (i) and (iv) are correct
(C) (i), (iii) and (iv) are correct
(D) (ii) and (iii) are correct
62. The vaccination DPT stands for
(A) Dengue, Pylaria, Typhoid
(B) Diphtheria, Pertussis, Tetanus
(C) Diphtheria, Polio, Tetanus
(D) Dengue, Polio, Typhoid
63. In the salts mentioned below which of the following added to ice to get lower temperature than 0C?
(D) All the above
64. Identify the sequence of events given below and select the option which gives the correct chronology.
(i) Cripps Mission
(ii) Wavell Plan
(iii) Quit India Movement
(iv) Cabinet Mission
(A) (i), (iii), (ii), (iv)
(B) (i), (n), (iv), (iii)
(C) (iv), (iii), (ii), (i)
(D) (iii), (i), (ii), (iv)
65. Identify the leader of the Sepoy Mutiny who was elected by the Mutinous 22nd Native Infantry as their leader and who fought in the famous battle of Chinhat in which the British forces under Henry Lawrence were defeated
(A) Nana Sahib
(B) Kunwar Singh
(C) Shah Mal
(D) Maulvi Ahmadullah Shah
66. Recently the Mars Science Laboratory Mission of NASA successfully delivered its rover on the surface of the Mars on 6th August 2012. Name .the rover.
67. During this years Independence Day Speech Prime Minister congratulated the scientists and the technologists for the following success
(A) Testing Agni V Missile and Launching RISAT-I Satellite
(B) Testing Agni IV Missile and Launching RISAT-II Satellite
(C) Testing Agni III Missile and Launching RISAT-III Satellite
(D) Testing Agni VI Missile and Launching RISAT-IV Satellite
68. Name the Actor who has been recently selected for the Dadasaheb Phalke Award for his lifetime contribution to Indian Cinema.
(A) Hrishikosh Mukherjee
(B) Shyam Benegal
(C) Soumitra Chatterjee
(D) Mirnal Sen
69. What is 35% of a number, if 12 is 15% of that number?
(A) 28 (B) 12 (C) 5 (D) 33
70. If x-y=3 and xy=10, then what is the value of x3- y3 ?
(A) 27 (B) 100 (C) 117 (D) 127
71. What is the probability that a Leap Year selected at random will contain 53 Sundays ?
(A) 1/7 (B) 2/7 (C) 4/7 (D) 5/7
72. By simplifying x2 – y2
x4 – y4 x2 – y2
x2 – y2
x2 + y2
x4 – y4
x4 + y4
73. Which of the following facts on Ganga Express Way is not true?
(A) Will connect Greater Noida to Ballia along the Ganga
(B) Construction work of the Express Way is in progress and 70% of the work is completed
(C) The contract has been awardedto Jaypee Infratech Pvt. Ltd.
(D) The contract has been under the Public Partnership Model
74. Out of the various phases of the transpertation infrastructure project of Western Freeway, name the first phase of the project which is completed.
(A) Bandra Worli Sea Link
(B) Worli Haji Ali Sea Link
(C) Bandra Versova Section
(D) Nariman Point-Haji Ali Section
75. Which of the following have been announced as the state bird, state animal, state flower and state tree of Puducherry?
(A) Koel, Squirrel, Nagalingam and Vilvam respectively
(B) Cock, Rabbit, Lotus and Neem respectively
(C) Koel, Rabbit, Nagalingam and Neem respectively
(D) Cock, Squirrel, Lotus and Vilvam respectively