26. The famous bhajan ‘Vaishnava Janato’ which became part of Gandhiji’s prayer meeting was written by
(A) Narasimha Mehta
(B) Kabir Das
(C) Sir Arabindo
(D) Rabindranath Tagore
27. Which of the following does not come under Direct Tax?
(A) Income Tax
(B) Capital Gains Tax
(C) Estate Duty
(D) Excise Duty
28. How do you call the total value of output (Goods and Services) produced and income received in a year by domestic residents of a country including profits earned from capital invested abroad?
(A) Gross National Product
(B) Gross Domestic Product
(C) Net National Product
(D) Net Domestic Product
29. On 4th July 2012, CERN announced the discovery of a new particle which is often referred as “God Particle” Identify the particle
(A) Higgs Boson
(B) Anti Proton
30. Which of following are true with regard to the factors responsible for land degradation in India
(i) Loss of vegetation occurring due to deforestation
(ii) Organic farming and water conservation
(iii) Extraction of ground water in excess of the recharge capacity
(iv) Indiscriminate use of AgroChemicals such as fertilizers and perticide
(A) (i) and (iii)
(B) (i), (iii) and (iv)
(C) (i), (ii) and (iii)
(D) (ii), (iii) and (iv)
31. Match the following and select the correct answer from the options given.
(i) Article 32 (a) Empowers High Courts to issue writs
(ii) Article 139 (b) Empowers Supreme Court to issue writs for the enforcement
(iii) Article 226 (c) Empowers Supreme Court to issue writs for the enforcement of Rights other than Fundamental Rights
(A) (i) – c, (ii) – a, (iii) – b
(B) (i) – b, (ii) – c, (iii) – a
(C) (i) – c, (ii) – b, (iii) – a
(D) (i) – b, (ii) – a, (iii) – c
32. Match the India Medal Winners of the London Olympic wjth the event in which they won and select the correct answer from the options given.
(i) Saina Nehwal (a) Boxing
(ii) Gagan Narang (b) Wrestling
(iii) Mary Kom (c) Badminton
(iv) Yogeshwar Dutt (d) Shooting
(A) (i) – c, (ii) – d, (iii) – a, (iv) – b
(B) (i) – a, (ii) – c, (iii) – b, (iv) – d
(C) (i) – b, (ii) – a, (iii) – c, (iv) – d
(D) (i) -c, (ii) – d, (iii) – b, (iv) – a
33. Name the Kutchipudi· dancer who started Kuchipudi Art. Academy in Madras during 1963 and passed away recently.
(A) Nadaraja Ramakrishna
(B) Vempati Chinna Satyam
(D) K.J. Sarasa
34. Find out the word which is an odd one out from the following
Find out the mis-spelt word from the following:
35. (A) Gratitude
36. (A) Paradice
37. (i) Immutable (a) Orderly
(ii) Haphazard (b) Direct
(iii) Evasive (c) Changeable
(A) (i) – a, (ii) – c, (iii) – b
(B) (i) – c, (ii) – a, (iii) – b
(C) (i) – b, (ii) – c, (iii) – a
(D) (i) – b, (ii) – a, (iii) – c
38. Match the following and select the correct answer from the options given.
(i) D.P. Agarwal (a) Central Vigilence Commission of India
(ii) Shri. Pradeepkumar (b) Chief Commissioner Central Information Commission
(iii) Shri. Satyananda Mishra (c) Chairman, National Commission for Scheduled Tribes
(iv) Shri. Rameshwar Oraon (d) Chairman, Union Public Service Commission
(A) (i) – d, (ii) – b, (iii) – a, (iv) – c
(B) (i) – b, (ii) – c, (iii) – a, (iv)-d
(C) (i) – d, (ii) – a, (iii) – b, (iv) – c
(D) (i) – b, (ii) – c, (iii) – d, (iv) – a
39. Which of the following state have set up Lok Ayukta an Anticorruption Ombudsman Organization? Select the correct answer from the options.
(i) Tamil Nadu
(iii) West Bengal
(A) (i) and (ii)
(B) (ii) and (iv)
(C) (iii) and (iv)
(D) (i) and (iii)
40. Which of the following statement is correct about Alpha rays?
(A) Alpha rays are positive charged helium nuclei
(B) The charge of Alpha ray is +1 unit
(C) The penetrating power of Alpha ray is high
(D) Their kinetic energy is very low
41. Match the following and select the correct answer from the option given.
(i) Zaid Season (a) Rice Jowar, Bajra, Maize, Cotton, Soyabeen, Groundnut, Jute, Tobacco etc. are important crops
(ii) Rabi Season (b) Extends from March to June
(iii) Kharif Season (c) Wheat, Barley, Gram, Peas, Mustard are important crops
(A) (i) – a (ii) – c (iii) – b
(B) (i) – b (ii) – c (iii) – a
(C) (i) – a (ii) – b (iii) – c
(D) (i) – b (ii) – a (iii) – c
42. Which of the following is not correct?
(A) National Youth Day is celebrated on 12th January every year
(B) Martyr’s Day is celebrated on 30th January every year
(C) United Nations Day is celebrated on 26th October every year
(D) Human Rights Dayis celebrated on 10th December every year
43. IBM 4300 serIes, 308X series are examples of which computer?
(A) Micro Computer
(B) Mini Computer
(C) Mainframe Computer
(D) Super Computer
44. Choose the Empirical Formula of Benzene
45. Match the following and select the correct answer from the options given below:
(i) Tathvabodhini Sabha (a) Gopala Krishna Gokhale
(ii) Servants of India Society (b) Madam H.P. Blavatsky
(iii) Theosophical Society (c) Henry Vivian Derozia
(iv) Young Bengal Movement (d) Devendranath Tagore
(A) (i) – a (ii) – d (iii) – c (iv) – b
(B) (i) – c (ii) – b (iii) – d (iv) – a
(C) (i) – d (ii) – a (iii) – b (iv) – c
(D) (i) – b (ii) – d (iii) – a (iv) – c
46. Who said the following?
“By Independence, we have lost the excuse of blaming the British for anything going wrong. If hereafter things go wrong, we will have nobody to blame except ourselves”
(B) Dr. Rajendra Prasad
(C) B.R. Ambedkar
(D) Jawaharlal Nehru
47. Name the captain of Kolkata Knight Riders who won the 2012 Indian Premier League.
(A) Virender Shewag
(B) Gautam Gambir
(C) Mahendra Singh Dhoni
(D) Virat Kohli
48. Name the city where the 10th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas was celebrated on 9th January 2012
(C) New Delhi
49. Name the 14 yr. old Indian .child actress best known for her Television advertisement and films who died in the plane crash on 14th May 2012.
(A) Geeta Sachdev
(B) Taruni Sachdev
(C) Arora Sachdev
(D) Latha Sachdev
50. The sum of the number and its square is 90. Identify the number/s from below and select the correct answer from the options.
(i) – 9 (ii) -10 (iii) 10 (iv) 9
(A) Option (ii) is correct
(B) Option (Iv) is correct
(C) Options (i) and (ii) are correct
(D) Options (ii) and (iv) are correct
I want udc previous question paper
I want udc model paper with key
For model paper click online exam menu and take test
i want previous question paper of udc
i want previous question of udc exam
Please give to win the exam
I want tips to win the exam
What is the cut of mark for udc exam
total number of marks obtained divided by totel number of people attended the exams = cut off mark 🙂
now calculate urself 😛
Seems answer for Question 6 & Question 14 wrong.
Kindly confirm sir.
Both 6 & 14 answers are correct
Note: All the answers given in this webpage are officially published in the pondicherry recruitment website
Mr balaji ,I Scored 39.75 OBC candidate,my name is in waiting list.If they re call me or not.
Hi senthilkumar you ranked 50 in waiting list, so it is very difficult to get a call for the post
Hello sir, I want previous 5 yes UDC question paper with answer
Right now we have only 2012 & 2015 question papers for Pondicherry UDC Exam..
It’s also not possible to get last 5 question papers.
Hi sir When next UDC exam from pondicherry
It will take atleast 3 to 5 years
what is the age limit for UDC exams?