51. Which one of the following does a TV remote control unit use to operate TV?
a. Light waves
b. Sound waves
c. Micro waves
d. Radio waves
52. Which one of the following elements is essential for the construction of nuclear reactors ?
53. Most of the explosions in mines occur due to the mixing of
a. Hydrogen and Oxygen
b. Oxygen with acetylene
c. Methane with Air
d. Carbon Dioxide with ethane
54. Acid rain is caused by the pollution of environment by
a. Carbon Dioxide and Nitrogen
b. Carbon Monoxide and Carbon Dioxide
c. Oxygen and Carbon Dioxide
d. Nitrous oxide and Sulphur Dioxide
55. Which one of the following organisms can serve as bio fertilizer for rice crop?
a. Blue green algae
b. Rhizobium SP
c. Mycorrhizal fungi
d. Azotobacter SP
56. Given below are the names of four energy crops. Which one of them can be cultivated for ethanol
a. Jatropha b. Maize
c. Pongamia d. Sunflower
57. A pesticide which is a chlorinated hydrocarbon is sprayed on a food crop. The food chain is : Food crop – rat – snake- hawk. In this food chain, the highest concentration of the pesticide would accumulate in which one of the following?
a. Food crop b. Rat
c. Snake d. Hawk
58. Many transplanted seedling do not grow because
a. The new soil does not contain favourable minerals
b. Most of the root hair grip the new soil too hard
c. Most of the root hairs are lost during transplantation
d. Leaves get damaged during transplantation
59. The nutritional deficiency condition that needs to be given top priority for remedial action in India today is
60. The blood glucose level is commonly expressed as
a. mm of HG
b. milligram per deciliter
c. parts per million
d. gram per litre
61. The marine animal called ‘Dugong’ which is vulnerable to extinction is
b. bony fish
62. A sandy and saline area is the natural habitat of an Indian animal species. The animal has no predators in that area but its existence is threatened due to the destruction of its habitat. Which one of the following could be that animal
a. Indian wild buffalo
b. Indian wild ass
c. Indian wild boar
d. Indian gazelle
63. Corporation tax:
a. Is levied and appropriated by the states
b. Is levied by the union and collected and appropriated by the states
c. Is levied by the union and shared by the union and the states
d. Is levied by the union and belongs to it exclusively
64. The Employment Assurance Scheme envisage financial assistance to rural areas for guaranteeing employment to at least
a. 50 % of the men and women seeking jobs in rural areas
b. 50% of the men seeking jobs in rural areas
c. One man and one woman in a rural family living below the poverty line
d. One person in a rural landless house hold living below the poverty line
65. Debenture holders of a company are its
a. Share holders
66. Which one among the following industries is the maximum consumer of water in India?
b. Paper and pulp
d. Thermal power
67. Scheme of (I) Urban Micro-enterprises (II) Urban Wage Employment and (III) Housing and Shelter Up gradation are parts of
a. Integrated Rural Development Programme
b. Nehru Rojgar Yojana
c. Jawahar Rojgar Yojana
d. Prime Ministers Rojgar Yojana
68. In terms of value which one of the following commodities accounted for the largest agricultural exports by india during the three year period from 1997-1998 to 1999- 2000?
b. Marine products
69. Among the following which one has the minimum population on the basis of data of census of india 2011?
a. Chandigarh b. Goa
c. Pudhucherry d. Sikkim
70. Which one of the following ports of India handles the highest tonnage of import cargo?
71. What is the system of governance in the panchayat raj set up
a. Single tier structure of local self government at the village level
b. Two tier of local self government at the village and the block levels
c. Three tier structure of local self government at the village block and district levels
d. Four tier system of local self government at the village block, district and in the state levels
72. The speaker can ask a member of the house to stop speaking and let another member speak. This phenomenon is known as
b. Crossing the floor
d. Yielding floor
73. The name of the famous person of India who returned the knighthood conferred on him by the British Government as a token of protest against the atrocities in Punjab in 1919 was
a. Tej Bahadur Sapru
b. Ashutosh Mukherjee
c. Rabindra Nath Tagore
d. Syed Ahmed Khan
74. Where were the Ghadar revolutionaries, who became active during outbreak of the World War / based?
a. Central America
b. North America
c. West America
d. South America
75. Which one df the following aroused a wave of popular indignation that led to the massacre by the British at Jallianwala Bagh?
a. The Arms Act
b. The Public Safety Act
c. The Rowlatt Act
d. The Vernacular Press Act
76. For the Karachi session of Indian 7 National Congress in 1931 presided over by Sardar Patel, who drafted the Resolution on Fundamental Rights and Economic Programme?
a. Mahatma Gandhi
b. Pandit Jawarharlal Nehru
c. Dr. Rajendra Prasad
d. Dr. B.R. Ambedkar
77. Quit India movement was launched in response to
a. Cabinet Mission Plan
b. Cripps Proposals
c. Simon Commission Report
d. Wavell Plan
78. Which among the following was the first municipal corporation setup India in the year 1687?
a. Madras Municipal Corporation
b. Bombay Municipal Corporation
c. Delhi Municipal Corporation
d. None of the above
79. In 1953, under whose chairmanship was the first OBC Commission formed?
a. Joachim Alva
b. Kaka Kalelkar
c. Hardekar Manjappa
d. K.K. Shetty
80. Consider the following events of Indian National Movement
i. Gandhi Irwin Pact
ii. Poona Pact
iii. Karachi Session of Indian National Congress
iv. Individual Satyagraha.
Select the correct chronological order of the events from the codes given below:
a I,III,II,IV b. II,III,IV,I
c. III,IV.II.I d. IV.III, II, I
81. In LosAngeles, a political candidate who buys saturation radio advertising will get maximum name recognition.
The statement above logically conveys which of the following?
a. Radio advertising is the most important factor/in political campaigns in Los Angeles.
b. Maximum name recognition in Los Angeles will help a candidate to win a higher percentage of votes cast in the city.
c. Saturation radio advertising reaches every demographically distinct sector of the voting population in Los Angeles.
d. For maximum name recognition, a candidate need not spend on media channels other than radio advertising.
82. Having attended the office procedures course all employees are expected to______ what they had learned and introduced into their daily routine
a. Reinforce b. Respond
c. React d. Resource
83. Choose the wrong part in the sentence. Are / you involved / in this project? / are you?
b. you involved
c. in this project
d. are you
84. Choose the wrong part in the sentence. Mahavira / was / a advocate / of non violence.
c. a advocate
d. of non violence
85. Try ______ as many languages as possible.
a. learnt b. to learn
c. learn d. learning
86. Select the odd one out:
a. Judge b. Chamber
c. Tennis d. Lawyer
87. Replace the underlined word with synonym: The President was given a hearty welcome.
a. Cold b. Warm
c. Warmly d. Cordially
88. Don’t worry. It’s ______ safe. You won’t fall.
a. finely b. deeply
c. fully d. completely
89. The future will be______ shaped by technology.
a. merely b. specially
c. largely d. purely
90. It is_________ true that education is becoming global.
a. exactly b. reliably
c. certainly d. fully
Answer the questions after reading the passage given below:
Sometimes we went off the road and on a path through the pine forest. The floor of the forest was soft to walk on; the frost did not happen as it did in the road. But we did not mind the hardness of the road because w.e had nails in the soles and heels. Nails bit on the frozen ruts and with nailed boots it was good walking on the road and invigorating. It was lovely walking in the woods.
91. ‘Frozen ruts’ means
a. very cold roads
b. wheel marks in which frost had become hard
c. the road covered with frost
d. hard roads covered with snow
92. The floor of the forest was soft because
a. the forest did not harden it on account of trees
b. the traveler were wearing boots
c. the shoes had nails on their sole and heel
d. they enjoyed walking in the woods
93. We did not mind the hardness of road because
a. we had nailed boots on
b. it was good walking on the road
c. the walk was refreshing
d. the nails bit on the frozen roads
94. We found great joy on account of
a. wearing nailed boots
b. the good long walk on the road
c. walking occasionally through the forest
d. walking on frost with nailed boots on
95. Sometimes we walked through the pine forest as
a. the path was unaffected by the frost
b. it was good walking with nails in the boots
c. the walks was invigorating
d. it was sheer joy to walk in the forest
96. Find the adjective: Affection
Choose the correct Homophone:
97. The_______ of a snow clad mountain is exciting.
d. None of these
98. Prasanna had a good ________ for stage plays.
a. Trup b. Troop
c. Trupe d. Troupe
99. He has a_______for writing.
a. Flare b. Flairs
c. Flair d. Fare
100. Shakespeare has written dramas appealing to all people of all ages.
a. Simple present
b. Present continuous
c. Past perfect
d. Present perfect