1. Which of the following is not instructional material ?
(A) Over Head Projector
(B) Audio Casset
(C) Printed Material
2. Which of the following statement is not correct ?
(A) Lecture Method can develop reasoning
(B) Lecture Method can develop knowledge
(C) Lecture Method is one way process
(D) During Lecture Method students are passive
3. The main objective of teaching at Higher Education Level is :
(A) To prepare students to pass examination
(B) To develop the capacity to take decisions
(C) To give new information
(D) To motivate students to ask questions during lecture
4. Which of the following statement is correct ?
(A) Reliability ensures validity
(B) Validity ensures reliability
(C) Reliability and validity are independent of each other
(D) Reliability does not depend on objectivity
5. Which of the following indicates evaluation ?
(A) Ram got 45 marks out of 200
(B) Mohan got 38 percent marks in English
(C) Shyam got First Division in final examination
(D) All the above
6. Research can be conducted by a person who :
(A) has studied research methodology
(B) holds a postgraduate degree
(C) possesses thinking and reasoning ability
(D) is a hard worker
7. Which of the following statements is correct ?
(A) Objectives of research are stated in first chapter of the thesis
(B) Researcher must possess analytical ability
(C) Variability is the source of problem
(D) All the above
8. Which of the following is not the Method of Research ?
9. Research can be classified as :
(A) Basic, Applied and Action Research
(B) Quantitative and Qualitative Research
(C) Philosophical, Historical, Survey and Experimental Research
(D) All the above
10. The first step of research is :
(A) Selecting a problem
(B) Searching a problem
(C) Finding a problem
(D) Identifying a problem
Read the following passage and answer the question nos. 11 to 15
After almost three decades of contemplating Swarovski-encrusted navels on increasing flat abs, the Mumbai film industry is on a discovery of India and itself. With budgets of over 30 crore each, four soon to be released movies by premier directors are exploring the idea of who we are and redefining who the other is. It is a fundamental question which the bling-bling, glam-sham and disham-disham tends to avoid. It is also a question which binds an audience when the lights go dim and the projector rolls : as a nation, who are we ? As a people, where are we going ? The Germans coined a word for it, zeitgeist, which perhaps Yash Chopra would not care to pronounce. But at 72, he remains the person who can best capture it. After being the first to project the diasporic Indian on screen in Lamhe in 1991, he has returned to his roots in a new movie. Veer Zaara, set in 1986, where Pakistan, the traditional other, the part that got away, is the lover and the saviour. In Subhas Ghai’s Kisna, set in 1947, the other is the English woman. She is not a memsahib, but a mehbooba. In Ketan Mehta’s The Rising, the East India Englishman is not the evil oppressor of countless cardboard characterisations, which span the spectrum from Jewel in the Crown to Kranti, but an honourable friend. This is Manoj Kumar’s Desh Ki dharti with a difference : there is culture, not contentious politics; balle balle, not bombs : no dooriyan (distance), only nazdeekiyan (closeness). All four films are heralding a new hero and heroine. The new hero is fallible and vulnerable, committed to his dharma, but also not afraid of failure – less of a boy and more of a man. He even has a grown up name : Veer Pratap Singh in Veer-Zaara and Mohan Bhargav in Swades. The new heroine is not a babe, but often a bebe, dressed in traditional Punjabi clothes, often with the stereotypical body type as well, as in Bride and Prejudice of Gurinder Chadha.
11. Which word Yash Chopra would not be able to pronounce ?
(A) Bling + bling (B) Zeitgeist
(C) Montaz (D) Dooriyan
12. Who made Lamhe in 1991 ?
(A) Subhash Ghai (B) Yash Chopra
(C) Aditya Chopra (D) Sakti Samanta
13. Which movie is associated with Manoj Kumar ?
(A) Jewel in the Crown (B) Kisna
(C) Zaara (D) Desh Ki dharti
14. Which is the latest film by Yash Chopra ?
(A) Deewar (B) Kabhi Kabhi
(C) Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge (D) Veer Zaara
15. Which is the dress of the heroine in Veer-Zaara ?
(A) Traditional Gujarati Clothes
(B) Traditional Bengali Clothes
(C) Traditional Punjabi Clothes
(D) Traditional Madras Clothes
16. Which one of the following can be termed as verbal communication ?
(A) Prof. Sharma delivered the lecture in the class room.
(B) Signal at the cross-road changed from green to orange.
(C) The child was crying to attract the attention of the mother.
(D) Dipak wrote a letter for leave application.
17. Which is the 24 hours English Business news channel in India ?
(A) Zee News (B) NDTV 24×7
(C) CNBC (D) India News
18. Consider the following statements in communication :
(i) Hema Malini is the Chairperson of the Children’s Film Society, India.
(ii) Yash Chopra is the Chairman of the Central Board of Film Certification of India.
(iii) Sharmila Tagore is the Chairperson of National Film Development Corporation.
(iv) Dilip Kumar, Raj Kapoor and Preeti Zinta have all been recipients of Dada Saheb Phalke Award.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct ?
(A) (i) and (iii) (B) (ii) and (iii) (C) (iv) only (D) (iii) only
19. Which of the following pair is not correctly matched ?
(A) N. Ram : The Hindu
(B) Barkha Dutt : Zee News
(C) Pranay Roy : NDTV 24×7
(D) Prabhu Chawla : Aaj taak
20. “Because you deserve to know” is the punchline used by :
(A) The Times of India (B) The Hindu
(C) Indian Express (D) Hindustan Times
21. In the sequence of numbers 8, 24, 12, X, 18, 54 the missing number X is :
(A) 26 (B) 24 (C) 36 (D) 32
22. If A stands for 5, B for 6, C for 7, D for 8 and so on, then the following numbers stand for
17, 19, 20, 9 and 8 :
(A) PLANE (B) MOPED (C) MOTOR (D) TONGA
23. The letters in the first set have certain relationship. On the basis of this relationship what is the right choice for the second set ?
AST : BRU : : NQV : ?
(A) ORW (B) MPU (C) MRW (D) OPW
24. In a certain code, PAN is written as 31 and PAR as 35. In this code PAT is written as:
(A) 30 (B) 37 (C) 38 (D) 39
25. The sides of a triangle are in the ratio of 1/2 :1/3 :1/4 If its perimeter is 52 cm, the length of the smallest side is :
(A) 9 cm (B) 10 cm (C) 11 cm (D) 12 cm