26. Given an open address hash table with load factor α < 1, the expected number of probes in a successful search is
(A) Atmost 1/α 1n (1-α/α)
(B) Atmost 1/α 1n (1/1-α)
(C) Atleast 1/α 1n (1/1-α)
(D) Atleast 1/α 1n (α/1-α)
27. For a B-tree of height h and degree t, the total CPU time used to insert a node is
(A) O(h log t)
(B) O(t log h)
28. The time complexity to build a heap with a list of n numbers is
(A) O(log n)
(C) O(n log n)
29. The value of postfix expression:
8 3 4 + – 3 8 2 / + * 2 ^ 3 + is
Note: Given $ symbol instead of ^ in the question paper given by UGC
30. Consider the following statements for priority queue:
S1 : It is a data structure in which the intrinsic ordering of the elements does determine the result of its basic operations.
S2: The elements of a priority queue may be complex structures that are ordered on one or several fields.
Which of the following is correct?
(A) Both S1 and S2 are incorrect.
(B) S1 is correct and S2 is incorrect.
(C) SI is incorrect and S2 is correct.
(D) Both S1 and S2 are correct.
31. Repository of information gathered from multiple sources, storing under unified scheme at a single site is called as
(A) Data mining
(B) Meta data
(C) Data warehousing
32. The task of correcting and pre processing data is called as
(A) Data streaming
(B) Data cleaning
(C) Data mining
(D) Data storming
33. Using data p=3, q=11, n=pq, d=7 in RSA algorithm find the cipher text of the given plain text SUZANNE
Encryption RSA algorithm
Cipher text = ((plaintext)^e)mod n
From the given problem we know p =3,q = 11, d =7, n=33
find z :: z = ((p-1)*(q-1)) => 2*10 = 20
Find ‘e’ or ‘d’ using the given method : (de) mod z = 1
Therefore (7e)mod 20 = 1 => with trail and error giving e =3, => (7*3)mod 20 = 1
Finding e=3 we go to the encryption by converting the given plain text equivalent number starting a=1,b=2…z=26
Therefore SUZANNE = 19,21,26,1,14,14,5 taking single character and apply encryption
(19^3) mod 33 = 28 ie (28-26) = 2 => B
(21^3) mod 33 = 21 => U
(26^3)mod 33 = 20 => T
(1^3)mod 33 = 1 => A
(14^3)mod 33 = 5 =>E
(5^3)mod 33 = 26 => Z
35. Give as good a big-Q estimate as possible for the following functions:
(nlogn+n2)(n3+2) and (n!+2n) (n3+log(n2+ 1))
(A) O(n5+2n2) & O(n3*n!)
(B) O(n5) & O(n3*2 n)
(C) O(n5) & O(n3* n!)
(D) O(n5+2n2) & O(n3*2 n)
36. A test contains 100 true/false questions. How many different ways can a student answer the questions on the test, if the answer may be left blank also.
(A) 100P2 (B) 100C2 (C) 2 100 (D) 3 100
37. Which of the following connected simple graph has exactly one spanning tree?
(A) Complete graph
(B) Hamiltonian graph
(C) Euler graph
(D) None of the above
38. How many edges must be removed to produce the spanning forest of a graph with N vertices, M edges and C connected components?
39. Which of the following shall be a compound proposition involving the propositions p, q and r. that is true when exactly two of the p. q and rare true and is false otherwise?
(A) (p∨q∧˥r) ∨ (p∨q∧r) ∧ (˥p∧q∨r)
(B) (p∧q∨r) ∧ (p∧q∧r) ∨ (˥q∨˥p∧˥r)
(C) (p∧q∧˥r) ∨ (p∨˥q∧r) ∨ (˥p∧q∧r)
(D) (p∨r∧q) ∨ (p∧q∧r) ∨ (˥p∧q∧r)
40. The truth value of the statements:
∃!xP(x) → ∃xP(x) and ∃!x˥P(x) → ˥∀xP(x), (where the notation ∃!xP(x) denotes the proposition “There exists a unique x such that P(x) is true”) are :
(A) True and False
(B) False and True
(C) False and False
(D) True and True
41. How many different Boolean functions of degree 4 are there?
42. A Boolean operator Ө is defined as follows:
1 Ө 1 =1, 1 Ө 0 = 0, 0 Ө 1= 0 and 0 Ө 0 =1
What will be the truth value of the expression (x Ө y) Ө z = x Ө (y Ө z)?
(A) Always false
(B) Always true
(C) Sometimes true
(D) True when x,y,z are all true
43. Which one of the following is decimal value of a signed binary number 1101010, if it is in 2’s complement form ?
(B) – 22
(C) – 21
44. A set of processors P1, P2, ……, Pk can execute in parallel if Bernstein’s conditions are satisfied on a pairwise basis; that is
P1 || P2 || P3 || ….. || Pk if and only if:
(A) Pi || Pj for all i ≠ j
(B) Pi || Pj for all i = j+1
(C) Pi || Pj for all i ≤ j
(D) Pi || Pj for all i ≥ j
45. When a mobile telephone physically moves from one to another cell, the base station transfers ownership to the cell getting strongest signal. This process is known as _______
(B) mobile switching
(C) mobile routing
(D) cell switching
46. A virtual memory based memory management algorithm partially swaps out a process. This is an example of
(A) short term scheduling
(B) long term scheduling
(C) medium term scheduling
(D) mutual exclusion
47. Assuming that the disk head IS located initially at 32, find the number of disk moves required with FCFS if the disk queue of I/O block requests are 98, 37, 14, 124,65,67 :
48. Let the page fault service time be 10 millisecond(ms) in a computer with average memory access time being 20 nanosecond(ns). If one page fault is generated for every 106 memory accesses, what is the effective access time for memory ?
(A) 21 ns
(B) 23 ns
(C) 30 ns
(D) 35 ns
49. Consider the following UNIX command:
sort temp; head -30 <temp; rm temp
Which of the following functions shall be performed by this command?
(A) Sort, taking the input from “temp”, prints 30 lines from temp and delete the file temp
(B) Sort the file “temp”, removes 30 lines from temp and delete the file temp
(C) Sort, taking the input from “in” and writing the output to “temp” then prints 30 lines from temp on terminal. Finally “temp” is removed.
(D) Sort, taking the input from “temp” and then prints 30 lines from “temp” on terminal. Finally “temp” is removed.
50. The mv command changes
(A) the inode
(B) the inode-number
(C) the directory entry
(D) both the directory entry and the inode