26. A hash function f defined as f (key) = key mod 13, with linear probing is used to insert keys 55, 58, 68, 91, 27, 145. What will be the location of 79 ?
Note: All the above give choice is wrong. the correct answer is 5
27. Which of the following is true while converting CFG to LL(I) grammar ?
(A) Remove left recursion alone
(B) Factoring grammar alone
(C) Both of the above
(D) None of the above
28. Identify the Risk factors which are associated with Electronic payment system.
(A) Fraudulent use of Credit Cards.
(B) Sending Credit Card details over internet.
(C) Remote storage of Credit Card details.
(D) All of the above
29. Which of the following are two special functions that are meant for handling exception, that occur during exception handling itself ?
(A) Void terminate ( ) and Void unexpected ( )
(B) Non void terminate ( ) and void unexpected ( )
(C) Void terminate ( ) and non void unexpected ( )
(D) Non void terminate ( ) and non void unexpected ( )
30. Which of the following memory allocation scheme suffers from external fragmentation ?
(B) Pure demand paging
31. Basis path testing falls under
(A) system testing
(B) white box testing
(C) black box testing
(D) unit testing
32. The User Work Area (UWA) is a set of Program variables declared in the host program to communicate the contents of individual records between
(A) DBMS & the Host record
(B) Host program and Host record
(C) Host program and DBMS
(D) Host program and Host language
33. Consider the tree given below :
Using the property of eccentricity of a vertex, find every vertex that is the centre of the given tree.
(A) d & h
(B) c & k
(C) g, b, c, h, i, m
(D) c & h
34. The maximum number of keys stored in a B-tree of order m and depth d is
(A) md + 1 – 1
(B) md + l – 1 / m-1
(C) (m – 1) (md + 1 – 1)
(D) md – 1 / m – 1
35. Which of the following is the most powerful parring method ?
(B) Canonical LR
36. In UNIX, which of the following command is used to set the task priority ?
37. AES is a round cipher based on the Rijndal Algorithm that uses a 128-bit block of data. AES has three different configurations. ______rounds with a key size of 128 bits, ______ rounds with a key size of 192 bits and______ rounds with a key size of 256 bits.
(B) 10, 12, 14
(D) 20, 12, 14
38. Match the following IC families with their basic circuits :
a. TTL 1. NAND
b. ECL 2. NOR
c. CMOS 3. Inverter Code
a b c
(A) 1 2 3
(B) 3 2 1
(C) 2 3 1
(D) 2 1 3
39. Match the following with respect to C++ data types :
a. User defined type 1. Qualifier
b. Built in type 2. Union
c. Derived type 3. Void
d. Long double 4. Pointer
a b c d
(A) 2 3 4 1
(B) 3 1 4 2
(C) 4 1 2 3
(D) 3 4 1 2
40. Given an empty stack, after performing push (1), push (2), Pop,, push (3), push (4), Pop, Pop, push(5), Pop, what is the value of the top of the stack ?
41. Enumeration is a process of
(A) Declaring a set of numbers
(B) Sorting a list of strings
(C) Assigning a legal values possible for a variable
(D) Sequencing a list of operators
42. Which of the following mode declaration is used in C++ to open a file for input ?
(A) ios : : app
(B) in : : ios
(C) ios : : file
(D) ios : : in
43. Data Encryption Techniques are particularly used for .
(A) protecting data in Data Communication System.
(B) reduce Storage Space Requirement.
(C) enhances Data Integrity.
(D) decreases Data Integrity.
44. Let L be a set accepted by a non-deterministic finite automaton. The number of states in non-deterministic finite automaton is |Q|. The maximum number of states in equivalent finite automaton that accepts L is
(C) 2|Q| – 1
45. What is the result of the following expression ?
(l&2) + (3&4)
46. Back propagation is a learning technique that adjusts weights in the neural network by propagating weight changes.
(A) Forward from source to sink
(B) Backward from sink to source
(C) Forward from source to hidden nodes
(D) Backward from since to hidden nodes
47. Match the following :
a. TTL 1. High fan out
b. ECL 2. Low propagation delay
c. CMOS 3. High power dissipation Code:
a b c
(A) 3 2 1
(B) 1 2 3
(C) 1 3 2
(D) 3 1 2
48. ______is an “umbrella” activity that is applied throughout the software engineering process.
(D) Software quality assurance
49. Identify the operation which is commutative but not associative ?
Note: Both NOR and NAND gates are commutative and not associative
50. Given a Relation POSITION (Posting-No, Skill), then query to retrieve all distinct pairs of posting-nos. requiring skill is
(A) Select p.posting-No, p.posting-No from position p
where p.skill = p.skill and p.posting-No < p.posting-No
(B) Select p,posting-No, p2.posting-No from position p1, position p2
where p1.skill = p2.skill
(C) Select p1.posting-No, p2.posting-No from position p1, position p2
where p1.skill = p2.skill and p1.posting-No < p2.posting-No
(D) Select p1.posting-No, p2.posting-No from position p, position p2
where p1.skill f= p2.skill and p1.posting-No = p2,posting-No