Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions (31 to 36):
The Taj Mahal has become one of the world’s best known monuments. This domed white marble structure is situated on a high plinth at the southern end of a four-quartered garden evoking the gardens of paradise, enclosed within walls measuring 305 by 549 metres. Outside the walls, in an area known as Mumtazabad, were living quarters for attendants, markets, serais and other structures built by local merchants and nobles. The tomb complex and the other imperial structures of Mumtazabad were maintained by the income of thirty villages given specifically for the tomb’s support. The name Taj Mahal is unknown in Mughal chronicles, but it is used by contemporary Europeans in India, suggesting that this was the tomb’s popular name. In contemporary texts, it is generally called simply the Il1urninated Tomb (Rauza-i-Munavvara). Mumtaz Mahal died shortly after delivering her fourteenth child in 1631. The Mughal court was then residing in Burhanpur. Her remains ‘were temporarily buried. by the grief stricken emperor in a spacious garden known as Zainabad on the bank of the nver Tapti. SIX months later her body was transported to Agra, where it was interred in land chosen for the mausoleum. This land, situated south of the- Mughal city on the bank of the Jamuna, had belonged to the Kachhwaha rajas since the time of Raja Man Singh and was purchased from the then current raja, Jai Singh. Although contemporary chronicles indicate Jai Singh’s willing cooperation in this exchange, extant, farmans (imperial commands) indicate that the final price was not settled until almost two years after the mausoleum’s commencement. Jai Singh’s further cooperation was insured by imperial orders issued between 1632 and 1637 demanding that he provide stone masons and carts to transport marble from the mines at Makrana, within his “ancestral domain”, to Agra where both the Taj Mahal and Shah Jahan’s additions to the Agra fort were constructed concurrently. Work on the mausoleum was commenced early in 1632. Inscriptional evidence indicates much of the tomb was completed by 1636. By 1643, when Shah Jahan most lavishly celebrated the ‘Urs ceremony for Mumtaz Mahal’, the entire complex was virtually complete.
31. Marble stone used for the construction of the Taj Mahal was brought from the ancestral domain of Raja Jai Singh. The name of the place where mines of marble is
(A) Burhanpur (B) Makrana
(C) Amber (D) Jaipur
32. The popular name Taj Mahal was given by
(A) Shah Jahan (B) Tourists
(C) Public (D) European travelers
33. Point out the true statement from the following.
(A) Marble was not used for the construction of the Taj Mahal.
(B) Red sandstone is non-visible in the Taj Mahal complex.
(C) The Taj Mahal is surrounded by a four-quartered garden known as Chahr Bagh..
(D) The Taj Mahal was constructed to celebrate the ‘Urs ceremony for Mumtaz Mahal’.
34. In the contemporary texts the Taj Mahal is known
(A). Mumtazabad (B) Mumtaz Mahal
(C) Zainabad (D)Rauza-i-Munavvara.
35. The construction of the Taj Mahal was completed between the period
(A) 1632 – 1636 A.D. (B) 1630 – 1643A.D.
(C) 1632 -1643 A.D. (D) 1636 – 1643 A.D.
36. The documents indicating the ownership of land, where the Taj Mahal was built, known as
(B) Sale Deed
(C) Sale-Purchase Deed
(D) None oft he above
37. In the process of Communication, which one Of the following is in the chronological order ?
(A) Communication, Medium, Receiver, Effect, Message
(B) Medium, Communicator, Message, Receiver, Effect
(C) Communicator, Message, Medium, Receiver, Effect
(D) Message, Communicator, Medium, Receiver, Effect
38,. Bengal Gazette, the first Newspaper in India was started in 1780 by
(A) Dr. Annie Besant
(B) James Augustus Hicky
(C) Lord Cripson
(D) AO Hume
39. Press censorship in India was imposed during the tenure of the Prime Minister
(B) Narasimha Rao
(C) Indira Gandhi
(D) Deve Gowda
40. Communication via New media such as computers, teleshopping, internet and mobile telephony is termed as
(B) Interactive Communication
(C) Development Communication
41 Classroom communication of a teacher rest on the principle of
42 ________ is important when a teacher communicates with his / her student
43. In a certain code GALIB is represented by HBMJC. TIGER will be represented by
(A) UJHFS (B) UHJSF
(C) JHUSF (D) HUJSF
44. In a certain cricket tournament 45 matches were played. Each team played once against each of the other teams. The, number of teams participated in the tournament is
(A) 8 (B) 10
(C) 12 (D) 14
45. The missing number in the series 40, 120, 60, 180, 90, ?, 135 is
(A) 110 (B) 270
(C) 105 (D) 210
46. The odd numbers from 1 to 45 which are exactly divisible by 3 are arranged in an ascending order. The number at 6th position is
(A) 18 (B) 24
(C) 33 (D) 36
47. The mean of four numbers a, b, c, d is 100. If c = 70, then the mean of the remaining numbers is
(A) 30 (B) 85/2
(C) 170/3 (D) 110
48. If the radius of a circle is increased by 50%, the perimeter of the circle will increase by
(A) 20% (B) 30%
(C) 40% (D) 50%
49. If the statement ‘some men are honest’ is false, which among the following statements will be true Choose the correct code given below
(i) All men are honest
(ii) No men are honest
(iii) Some men are not honest
(iv) All men are dishonest
(A) (i), (ii) and (iii)
(B) (ii), (iii) and (iv)
(C) (i), (iii) and (iv)
(D) (ii), (i) and (iv)
50. Choose the proper alternative given in the codes to replace the question Bee – Honey, Cow – Milk, Teacher – ?
(A) Intelligence (B) Marks
(C) Lessons (D) Wisdom
51. P is the father of R and S is the son of Q and T is the brother of P, If R is the sister of S, how is Q related to T?
52. A definition put forward to resolve a dispute by influencing attitudes or stirring emotions is called
(A)Lexical (B) Persuasive
(C) Stipulative (D)Precisions
53. Which of the codes given below contains only the correct statements?
(i) Venn diagram is a clear method of notation
(ii) Venn diagram is the most direct method of testing the validity of categorical syllogisms
(iii) In Venn diagram method the premises and the conclusion of a categorical syllogism is diagrammed.
(iv) In Venn diagram method the three overlapping circles are drawn for testing a categorical syllogism
(A) (i) (ii) & (iii)
(B) (i) (ii) &(iv)
(C) (ii) (iii)& (iv)
(D) (i) (iii) &(iv)
54. Inductive reasoning presupposes
(A) Unity in human nature
(B) Integrity in human nature
(C) Uniformity in human nature
(D) Harmony in human nature
Read the table below and based on this table answer questions from 55 to 60 :
Area under Major Horticulture Crop (in lakh hectares)
55. Which of the following, two year have recorded the highest
rate increase in area under the total horticulture?
(A) 2005-06 & 2006-07
(B) 2006-07 & 2008-09
(C) 2007-08 & 2008-09
(D) 2006-07 & 2007-08
56. Shares of the area under flower vegetables and fruits in the area under total horticulture are respectively
(A) 1, 38 and 30 percent
(B) 30, 38 and 1 percent
(C) 38, 30 and 1 percent
(D) 35, 36 and 2 percent
57. Which of the following has recorded the highest rate of increase in are during 2005-06 to 2009-10 ?
(D) Total horticulture
58. Find out the horticultural crop that has recorded an increase of area by around10 percent from 2005-06 to 2009-10
(D) Total horticulture
59. What has been the share of area under fruits, vegetables and flowers in the area under total horticulture in 2007- 08 ?
(A) 53 percent (B) 68 percent
(C) 79 percent (D) 100 percent
60. In which year, area under fruits has recorded the highest rate of increase?
(A) 2006-07 (B) 2007-08
(C) 2008-09 (D) 2009-10