26. The ______ field is the SNMP PDV reports an error in a response message.
(A) error index
(B) error status
(C) set request
(D) agent index
27. What does the URL need to access documents ?
I. Path name
II. Host name
IV. Retrieval method
V. Server port number
(A) I, II, III (B) I, III, V (C) I, II, IV (D) III, IV, V
28. End-to-End connectivity is provided from Last-to-Last in
(A) Network layer
(B) Session layer
(C) Transport layer
(D) Data link layer
29. What services does the internet layer provide ?
1. Quality of service
4. Connection oriented delivery
5. Framing bits
(A) 1, 2, 3 (B) 2, 3, 4 (C) 1, 3, 4, 5 (D) 2, 3, 4, 5
30. What is the maximum operating rate of a wireless LAN using infrared communication ?
(A) 1 mbps (B) 2 mbps (C) 5 mbps (D) 11mbps
31. In an absolute loading scheme, which loader function is accomplished by a loader ?
33. Consider the following left associative operators in decreasing order of precedence :
– subtraction (highest precedence)
$ exponentiation (lowestprecedence)
What is the result of the following expression ?
3 – 2 * 4 $ | * 2**3 Note: The correct expression should be 3 – 2 * 4 $ 1 * 2 $ 3
(A) – 61 (B) 64 (C) 512 (D) 4096
Note: as usual UGC NET failed to give correct question
34. Which of the following is the most general phase structured grammar ?
(C) Context free
(D) None of the above
35. Which of the following is used for grouping of characters into tokens (in a computer) ?
(A) A parser
(B) Code optimizer
(C) Code generator
36. Match the following :
(a) Disk scheduling 1. Round-robin
(b) Batch processing 2. SCAN
(c) Time sharing 3. LIFO
(d) Interrupt processing 4. FIFO
(a) (b) (c) (d)
(A) 3 4 2 1
(B) 4 3 2 1
(C) 2 4 1 3
(D) 1 4 3 2
37. ________ synchronizes critical resources to prevent dead lock.
(A) P-operator (B) V-operator (C) Semaphore (D) Swapping
38. _______ is one of pre-emptive scheduling algorithm.
(A) RR (B) SSN (C) SSF (D) Priority based
39. In order to allow only one process to enter its critical section, binary semaphore are initialized to
(A) 0 (B) 1 (C) 2 (D) 3
40. Remote Computing Service involves the use of time sharing and _______.
(B) interactive processing
(C) batch processing
(D) real-time processing
41. Software engineering primarily aims on
(A) reliable software
(B) cost effective software
(C) reliable and cost effective software
(D) none of the above
42. Top-down design does not require
(A) step-wise refinement
(B) loop invariants
(C) flow charting
43. Which model is simplest model in Software Development ?
(A) Waterfall model
(D) None of these
44. Design phase will usually be
(D) centre fringing
(A) is used to control the operating system
(B) includes programs designed to help programmers
(C) performs a specific task for computer users
(D) all of the above
46. The cost of the network is usually determined by
(A) time complexity
(B) switching complexity
(C) circuit complexity
(D) none of these
47. A leased special high-speed connection from the local telephone carrier for business users that
transmits at 1.544 mbps is known as ________ carrier.
(A) T1 (B) T2 (C) T3 (D) T4
48. CDMA Cell uses ________ carriers of 1.25 MHz.
(A) 9 (B) 18 (C) 22 (D) 64
49. At any given time Parallel Virtual Machine (PVM) has ________ send buffer
and ________ receive buffer.
(A) one-one (B) one-two (C) two-two (D) two-one
50. Data Mining uses ________, ________ and ________ to build effective predictive model.
(i) Data set
(ii) Information set
(iii) Input set
(iv) Process set
(v) Output set
(vi) Test set
(A) (i), (ii) and (iv)
(B) (ii), (iv) and (v)
(C) (i), (v) and (vi)
(D) (ii), (iii) and (v)