26. Dijkestra banking algorithm in an operating system, solves the problem of
(A) deadlock avoidance
(B) deadlock recovery
(C) mutual exclusion
(D) context switching
27. The multiuser operating system, 20 requests are made to use a particular resource per hour, on an average the probability that no request are made in 45 minutes is
(A) e–15 (B)e–5 (C) 1 – e–5 (D) 1 – e–10
28. On receiving an interrupt from an I/O device, the CPU
(A) halts for predetermined time.
(B) branches off to the interrupt service routine after completion of the current instruction.
(C) branches off to the interrupt service routine immediately.
(D) hands over control of address bus and data bus to the interrupting device.
29. The maximum amount of information that is available in one portion of the disk access arm for a removal disk pack (without further movement of the arm with multiple heads)
(A) a plate of data
(B) a cylinder of data
(C) a track of data
(D) a block of data
30. Consider a logical address space of 8 pages of 1024 words mapped with memory of 32 frames. How many bits are there in the physical address ?
(A) 9 bits (B) 11 bits (C) 13 bits (D) 15 bits
31. CPU does not perform the operation
(A) data transfer
(B) logic operation
(C) arithmetic operation
(D) all of the above
32. A chip having 150 gates will be classified as
(A) SSI (B) MSI (C) LSI (D) VLSI
33. If an integer needs two bytes of storage, then the maximum value of unsigned integer is
(A) 216 – 1
(B) 215 – 1
34. Negative numbers cannot be represented in
(A) signed magnitude form
(B) 1’s complement form
(C) 2’s complement form
(D) none of the above
35. The cellular frequency reuse factor for the cluster size N is
36. X – = Y + 1 means
(A) X = X – Y + 1
(B) X = –X – Y – 1
(C) X = –X + Y + 1
(D) = X – Y – 1
37. Handoff is the mechanism that
(A) transfer an ongoing call from one base station to another
(B) initiating a new call
(C) dropping an ongoing call
(D) none of above
38. Which one of the following statement is false ?
(A) Context-free languages are closed under union.
(B) Context-free languages are closed under concatenation.
(C) Context-free languages are closed under intersection.
(D) Context-free languages are closed under Kleene closure.
39. All of the following are examples of real security and privacy risks except
(D) Identify theft
40. Identify the incorrect statement :
(A) The ATM adoption layer is not service dependent.
(B) Logical connections in ATM are referred to as virtual channel connections.
(C) ATM is streamlined protocol with minimal error and flow control capabilities
(D) ATM is also known as cell delays.
41. Software risk estimation involves following two tasks :
(A) Risk magnitude and risk impact
(B) Risk probability and risk impact
(C) Risk maintenance and risk impact
(D) Risk development and risk impact
42. The number of bits required for an IPV 6 address is
(A) 16 (B) 32 (C) 64 (D) 128
43. The proposition ~ qvp is equivalent to
(A) p ® q
(B) q ® p
(C) p « q
(D) p Ú q
44. Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
(A) has existed for over a decade.
(B) does not integrate well with the functional areas other than operations.
(C) is inexpensive to implement.
(D) automate and integrates the majority of business processes.
45. Which of the following is false concerning Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) ?
(A) It attempts to automate and integrate the majority of business processes.
(B) It shares common data and practices across the enterprise.
(C) It is inexpensive to implement.
(D) It provides and access information in a real-time environment.
46. To compare, overlay or cross analyze to maps in GIS
(A) both maps must be in digital form
(B) both maps must be at the same equivalent scale.
(C) both maps must be on the same coordinate system
(D) All of the above
47. Web Mining is not used in which of the following areas ?
(A) Information filtering
(B) Crime fighting on the internet
(C) Online transaction processing
(D) Click stream analysis.
48. A telephone conference call is an example of which type of communications ?
(A) same time / same place
(B) same time / different place
(C) different time / different place
(D) different time / same place
49. What is the probability of choosing correctly an unknown integer between 0 and 9 with 3 chances ?
50. The number of nodes in a complete binary tree of height h (with roots at level 0) is equal to
(A) 20+21 +…….2h
(B) 20+21 +…….2h-1
(C) 20+21 +…….2h+1
(D) 21 +…….2h+1